Client Accounting Lead
Client Accounting Lead
The Client Accounting Manager is responsible for computing, classifying, and calculating the fundamental aspects of a client’s financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, cash management, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Lead a team of professional accountants and bookkeepers who are responsible for financial reporting and the accounting functions for a portfolio of managed and leased real estate in multi-state environment.
• Maintain exemplary relationships with multiple clients and internal stakeholders that include, Executive Team, Operations, Sales & Marketing and Finance Planning and Analysis.
• Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
• Manages the onboarding process of new clients to include bank accounts, merchant accounts, • Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Prepares budget templates and assists with budget preparation.
• Prepare monthly client invoices in accordance with the Management Agreement.
• Work with client internal and external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
• 7+ years of progressive accounting experience required.
• 3+ years of leadership experience required.
• US GAAP training and experience.
• Experience with acquisitions and purchase price allocations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization.
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or group situations to management, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Experience with Quickbooks and Sage Intacct preferred.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.