Construction Talent Acquisition Manager
Summary: In partnership with the Director of Human Capital (DHC), the Talent Manager is responsible for implementing and driving talent management strategies, tools, and processes in the areas of talent acquisition, training and development. The Talent Manager will own the full cycle talent acquisition process and will support the DHC on various strategic initiatives. To be successful, s/he must partner with leadership to ensure streamlined and effective recruiting operations; provide access to training and development activities that retain and grow staff; and provide feedback on program performance to DHC and leaders.
Talent Acquisition (85%)
- Manage full recruiting cycle for office positions covering all organization locations.
- Create, monitor and adjust all job postings on external job boards.
- Work closely with executives to forecast future hiring needs.
- Track and monitor recruiting and retention metrics like time-to-fill and cost per hire.
- Initiate and develop college recruiting relationships with campus partners; maintain regular personal contact with sources to build a steady pipeline of interns and entry-level candidates.
- Coordinate attendance and participate in job fairs and related recruiting events
- Recommend and implement ways to improve our employee brand.
- Project work: implement and maintain Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Training and Development (15%)
- Manage the internship program, from sourcing and selection of candidates, monitoring individual progress within the program to job offers at the conclusion.
- Work alongside the Director of Human Capital to maintain and enhance Mentor/Protégé program, including assigning incoming employees to mentors and ensuring participation of all members.
- Create and maintain a training calendar of presentations for vendors, coaches, and trainers brought in to educate employees on trends, issues, materials, methods and tools in the industry.
- Tracks individual training and development activities, gathers feedback through surveys and generates reports
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, or related field.
- 3 years in corporate recruiting function, with strong preference for construction or engineering recruiting background
- Resourceful with strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within given timelines.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (aural/verbal/written). Preferred: English/Spanish bilingual.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively manage and negotiate through conflict.
- Able to maintain confidential information; strong sense of integrity.
- Acceptable background check.
- Able to travel occasionally for recruiting fairs, etc. (< 10% of time).
- Required to sign a non-disclosure agreement as a condition of employment. (NOT a non-compete)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance