Bioprocess Engineer (Upstream)
Working with an excellent organization in the Greater Washington/Baltimore area who is looking to bring on well versed and educated Bioprocess Manufacturing Engineers.
Act as a primary technical point of contact within the organization, supporting biologics processes and technical transfer activities.
- Ensure that robust, scalable, commercially-viable processes are accurately developed.
- Lead process tech transfer activities required by clients; Ensure sufficient quantities, quality, and timeliness are maintained. Conduct technical investigations and risk assessments related with processes.
- Support generation of SOPs, raw material specifications, master batch records and reports for tech transfer and development processes.
- Provide process expertise in the resolution of complex, technical or operational problems.
- Perform independent data recording, analysis and troubleshooting, document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Perform occasional extended hours and weekends to support ongoing lab activities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related subject area.
Relevant experiences in a process development or clinical manufacturing laboratory setting in upstream bioprocess development for gene therapy or biologics processes.
Experience with upstream purification of biological molecules required, with knowledge of downstream operations desired.
Fundamentals and/or modeling of unit operations is a plus.
Ability to work and follow safe lab procedures and maintain good laboratory practice (GLP).
Interpersonal and facilitation skills to collaborate with all levels of the organization.