Accountant: 70/k-90/k, Fully onsite out of Jacksonville, FL
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations of the accounting department including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, cash flow, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, check runs, and fixed assets.
- Assist in all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities including journal entry posting, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate expense allocation.
- Proactively work with Project Managers in setting up projects/budgets appropriately and assist with project monitoring for the life of the project.
- Oversee the labor costing process. Maintain overhead allocations and journal entries for the indirect cost allocations.
- Ensure that submitted invoices comply with company accounting standards.
- Organize and monitor flow of client/vendor invoices including obtaining approvals, tracking budgets, identify inconsistencies and A/P entry.
- Research any unbilled issues and initiate timely collection of outstanding AR balances to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Distribute final invoices for all billable projects.
- Support creation of tax returns (local, state, federal, and foreign) through creation of schedules and reconciliations required; primary responsibility for preparation of tax reporting package required by external tax accountants.
- Make recommendations to improve current processing methods and techniques.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Engineering and/or Construction Industry experience.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree with accounting concentration.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in accounting, G/L and cost accounting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software systems and Advanced Excel.
Apply for this position