Email Developer (EMS Systems experience needed)
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the scheduling, creation, execution, and analysis of all email programs across multiple platforms and brands. This position will help maintain the email marketing calendar and execute against it as scheduled. In addition, the email marketing specialist will work closely with all members of the Marketing and Product teams in multiple offices to ensure seamless execution.
- Own process for execution and on-time delivery of complex, highly dynamic promotional email campaigns.
- Manage email campaign production from end-to-end across multiple platforms, including setup, QA, deployment, and reporting.
- Develop and execute new email marketing initiatives especially automation, welcome series, re-engagement, and other lifecycle communications.
- Leverage existing segments and create new custom segments for email deployment utilizing data within the email service provider/platforms. Partner with marketing & data analytics for additional custom segment creation that falls outside the scope of the ESP.
- Leverage email best practices and findings to assist in email marketing and CRM strategy development, working cross-functionally across multiple channels and teams.
- Manage ongoing optimization of programs by designing and implementing comprehensive, measurable A/B and multivariate testing plans.
- Collaborate with merchandising and marketing on campaign calendars.
- Monitor, track and report all e-mail marketing campaigns (including open rates, conversion etc.) and develop test campaigns to leverage new initiatives and increase conversion.
- Provide analyses of email campaigns and recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Analytics team to develop post-send campaign write-ups that include the campaign goals, results, and recommendations or opportunities for optimizing future sends.
- Work with partners and vendors to execute marketing components and fulfill contract requirements.
- Work with other departments coordinating promotions and sales incentives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5+ years of email marketing experience in relevant industry executing marketing campaigns
- Experience with an enterprise level ESP (Email Service Providers: Experian, Yesmail, Cheetah Digital, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Zeta Global, etc.) and project management tools (JIRA) required
- Proficiency in HTML coding / email production and responsive design
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superb quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of marketing principles resulting in branding building, driving traffic and revenue
- Strong capabilities in digital marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Experience with setting up tracking, reporting, and monitoring key performance indicators
- Knowledge of CRM and campaign management
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task, be a team player
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, entertainment, sports and/or travel industry
- Proficiency in Dreamweaver/Photoshop skills
- Experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and other marketing automation platforms
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and email best practices