This position is looking for someone who is able to work onsite in Woodbridge, VA at least 2 days a week. This is a 6-month contract to hire position that is looking to pay between $30-$43/hour. This position requires someone with 3+ years of data analysis experience, as well as a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. This position will also require you to obtain a Public Trust clearance and this can take about a month to obtain but this company is looking to hire ASAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research business reporting issues and develop support.
- Prepare internal reports and analyses of business operating results for appropriate audiences.
- Compile data needed to perform root cause analysis, test & learn, and analytics modeling.
- Leverage organizational and business knowledge to share training and support with internal business partners for the purpose of increased business performance company wide.
- Engage in efforts to increase business acumen company-wide through education of performance key indicators, possible impacts and reporting literacy.
- Utilize innovative and creative methods to identify various risk and outliers and develop and execute solutions to drive and increase overall company performance through training and resource development.
- Responsible for processing standardized daily/weekly/monthly reports that require manual distribution.
- Ensure all new project and reporting requests are entered accurately and in a timely manner into Team Project Planner.
- Ensure all emails received by shared department inbox receive a response in a timely manner with a resolution by either completing the request or forwarding to the appropriate party for resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college/university
- 3+ years of data analysis experience to include working with data analytical tools
- Education and/or Experience - Experience with big data, Business Intelligence (BI), or predictive modeling. Experience using Tableau or other interactive visualization software. Bachelor's degree in a field of study related to the job preferred.
- Analytical and Reasoning Skills - Strong analytical skills and the ability to make critical decision based on a data-supported business case. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Computer Skills -Excellent working knowledge of database structures, query languages, data, data integrity, data processes, and data warehouses. Intermediate knowledge of BI trends, Excel, Access, data modeling (logical and physical) and data visualization.
- Communication Skills –- Be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Vision – Ability to view documents, multiple screens, and read handwritten documents.