Aerodynamics Engineer (Hybrid/South Florida)
The Aeronautical Engineer leads engineering and development efforts with design, analysis, and execution at the integrated system and subsystems levels. This role contributes to systems creation and maturation through applied research, prototyping, and operationally relevant testing while collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to create innovative airborne technology solutions.
Specific contributions in this role include airframe configuration, design contribution from concept to final build, aerodynamic / performance / controls analysis, systems optimization, subsystem integration, payload support systems development, laboratory/field testing, and documentation.
Due to US Government Regulations and our clients requirements candidates must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship and have the ability to obtain US Government Security Clearance
This Position is a a Hybrid/Remote role - our client is located in South Florida and will require this person to be on site in South Florida no more then 3 times a month. Most likely 1-2 times a month will be the norm, the rest you can work from home. Ideally this Candidate will live in the area or within a few hundred miles of south Florida.
- Perform conceptual sizing and trade studies to define aircraft size, shape, and performance characteristics
- Utilize computational fluid dynamics (CFD) codes to analyze aerodynamic performance of aircraft and their subsystems
- Leverage knowledge of wide array of propulsion system types to estimate aircraft mission performance
- Oversees wind tunnel test design and execution
- Design flight test plans in support of aircraft performance validation activities
- Analyze ground and flight test data to validate performance predictions including parameter identification
- Recommend design modifications that will increase unmanned aircraft performance levels.
- Record design attributes, analysis results, and test results in support of design reviews and airworthiness certification
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace or related Engineering Field
- Seven+ years of experience Aerospace, Aeronautical or Aerodynamics Field
- Computation Fluid Dynamics Experience (Panel Methods, Vortex Lattice Methods, etc)
- Experience with aerodynamic design of airfoils, wings, propellers, and the outer mold line
- Experience with Wind Tunnel of Flight Testing of aircraft designs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.