Our client is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the preparation and completion of electrical engineering designs that are responsive to project needs. This individual will coordinate and manage the preparation of design details, plans, drawings and reports within the assigned task areas.
Work Setting: Hybrid (2 days remote), M-F 9am-5pm
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Minimum 5 years of electrical engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of NEC required
- Able to design electrical systems in addition to drafting/modeling skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Utilized Skills:
- Preparation and/or modification of bid documents, for all types of projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD to draft electrical construction drawings, including Floor Plans, Site Plans, Equipment Details and Wiring Diagrams.
- Coordinate with other engineering trades, including Architectural, Mechanical, Structural, and Process Engineering to ensure a complete and comprehensive Electrical design.
- Perform site visits to investigate and record existing conditions.
- Analyze existing and proposed electrical loads to size electrical services, feeders, and branch circuits
- Review project Instrumentation, Control, and Remote Monitoring requirements for individual projects; assist with the I&C design as needed.
- Work toward keeping current tasks within schedule and budget to fit the needs of the project.
- Provide data, as required, for cost estimating and secure preliminary equipment costs for review.
- Investigate new methods and implement new ideas and/or procedures as may be advantageous to the Company and clients.
- Perform independent studies and prepare reports of results and conclusions in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted electrical engineering and instrumentation/control design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the clients' needs and conform to Company standards
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities