Billing Specialist (Partially Remote)
This position allows for 2 days per week remote / work from home after training.
Law firm experience preferred.
Salary: $55,000 – 57,000/year
Under direct supervision of the Billing Manager, the Billing Coordinator compiles, manages, and executes attorney billing. May also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats, as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses, as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment, including personal computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a billing department at a law firm
- Electronic invoice submission experience
- Experience with the Elite Enterprise billing system is preferred.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office
Apply for this position