Job Title: Composite Assembler
We are currently seeking a skilled Composite Assembler with a minimum of 1 year of experience in lay-up, fabrication, and working with composites. As a Composite Assembler, you will be responsible for performing various tasks related to the assembly and fabrication of composite materials used in the production of high-quality products. Your expertise in composite lay-up techniques, attention to detail, and commitment to quality will contribute to the success of our manufacturing operations.
- Perform composite lay-up processes according to engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Preparing molds and tooling for the lay-up process, ensuring they are clean, properly coated, and free from defects.
- Apply resin, adhesives, and reinforcement materials (such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, or Kevlar) to molds in a precise and controlled manner.
Fabrication and Trimming:
- Cut, trim, and shape composite materials using hand tools, power tools, and precision equipment to achieve the desired dimensions and specifications.
- Follow established trimming techniques and use templates, jigs, or fixtures as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Quality Control and Inspection:
- Conduct visual inspections of composite parts during and after the assembly process to identify any defects, inconsistencies, or non-conformities.
- Follow quality control procedures and specifications to ensure adherence to high-quality standards.
- Document and report any non-conformities or issues to the appropriate personnel.
Material Handling and Preparation:
- Prepare composite materials, including cutting, weighing, and organizing materials for efficient production.
- Adhere to proper material handling procedures, including storage, labeling, and inventory management.
Workstation Maintenance and Cleanliness:
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including proper storage of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of tools and equipment to ensure their optimal performance.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical certification or vocational training in composites or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in composite lay-up, fabrication, or a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of composite materials and their properties, including experience working with carbon fiber, fiberglass, or other reinforcement materials.
- Proficient in using hand tools, power tools, and precision equipment for cutting, trimming, and shaping composite parts.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Detail-oriented with excellent manual dexterity and eye for precision.
- Basic knowledge of quality control processes and procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to follow instructions accurately.