Electronic Solder Technician
The Electronic Technician will modify, repair, and improve existing electronic products, equipment, and controls and will assist in developing new or updated electronic systems, components, or products.
- Repairs, installs, and inspects electronics or electronic systems as directed through verbal or written directions, diagrams, drawings, or specifications.
- Maintains and makes necessary operating adjustments to the organizations electronic systems.
- Determines material or replacement needs and a logical method for repair; takes appropriate action to meet those needs and makes repairs.
- Ensures local, state, and national electrical codes are followed and proper materials are used throughout electrical systems.
- Manages and installs cables and wiring, splicing as needed.
- Creates or adapts parts as needed to make repairs and improve the performance of various electronics.
- Performs safety checks to ensure design plans are feasible in various conditions.
- Reports potentially dangerous electrical equipment to supervisor and takes steps to resolve the issue.
- Instructs employees regarding safe working procedures and requirements when working with electronic equipment and components.
- Develops and maintains records related to electronic and electrical equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of electronics principles and design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to follow highly complex directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.