Finance Project Controller (Hybrid)
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Finance Project Controller in McLean, VA This posotion is a 3 month contract paying $45-$48hr. This is also a hybrid posotion only 2-3 days on-site.
Position: Finance Project Controller
Work Authorization Status: US Citizen
Requirements: Need Deltek, costpoint, & overhead and GNAa costs.
Project controllers oversee a project's revenues and expenses to ensure it stays within budget. They also provide input to management for how the organization can improve its project operations to meet its needs
- Presenting project ideas to clients
- Reviewing a project's deadlines and budget with the project manager
- Coordinating payments to subcontractors and vendors
- Select, train and oversee all project team members
- Create project progress reports and make recommendations for ways to improve the project's progress
- Analyzing performance data to establish performance metrics
- Offering coaching and guidance to junior team members
- Represent the team as a key contract, liaising with project managers and other stakeholders
- Comparing ongoing project activities with the project management plan and project performance baseline
- Anticipate potential problems
- Prepare operational review reports and other ad hoc reports.
- Work collaboratively across the Finance organization including but not limited to Finance Leads and Finance Managers to converge on processes. Maintain open communication with direct management regarding financial results and ensure Project Managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial tracking, revenue review, A/R, WIP, etc.
- Ensure accurate processing and documentation of financial reporting/transactions to ensure established levels of quality and efficiency KPIs.
- Ensure timely invoice processing; prepare, review, and approve client invoices; monitors billing status and analyze and understand unbilled work in progress (WIP), working with Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues