Contracted to Full Time
- Hybrid - Suitland MD
- 6month contract to hire
- Up to $30/hr -> $64,000/yr
- Oversee and provide assistance and support to homeowners in financial difficulty by identifying mutually agreeable payment arrangements, maintaining excellent customer service and relationship building
- Review and submit accounts for loan workout arrangements such as extensions, modifications, forbearances, and re-payment plans
- Proactively identify gaps in processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Work in accordance with consumer privacy laws and company procedures.
- Mentor other collectors on a day to day basis and lead department projects and initiatives as required
- Contact debtors via telephone and email regarding status of the account, late fees and credit reporting.
- Perform skip tracking to locate debtors with incorrect contact information.
- Document and maintain all incoming and outgoing collection efforts within our company platforms.
- Address inquiries and issues of debtors in a timely and professional manner.
- Navigate through different platforms- must have the ability to multitask
- Triage and respond to customer escalations and complaints.
- Drive process efficiencies and improvements across all customer support and collections activities.
- Help test and manage various contact center tools and platforms
- Work cross-functionally with peers across various stages of the customer lifecycle, wearing “multiple hats”
- Requires at least three (2) years of collection experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in Mortgage Loss Mitigation/Collections/Default Servicing/Financial Services and MI regulations.
- Experience, in-depth knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding bankruptcy, repossession, foreclosure, loss mitigation, litigation and other collection activities.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong listening skills
- Must have strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Assist with departmental projects as needed.
- Ability to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including working overtime, and Saturday’s with little advance notice
Apply for this position