Envrionmental Health and Safety Manager
Saslary: $120,000 - 150,000/year
This position requries 25% travel.
If you enjoy thinking outside of the box, rolling out programs, multi-tasking, being creative, influencing decisions and helping drive our EHS goals to the next level, we want to hear from you. This position reports to the Plant Manager but will also work closely with the Regional Safety Manager and Regional Environmental Manager for direction and guidance.
- Ensure facilities are operating in compliance with all applicable health, safety and environmental regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal OSHA regulations or otherwise referenced (typically through a site audit, gap analysis, and closure process)
- Drive initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks
- Facilitate / oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed and discharged from the plant in a manner that protects ground waters and surface tributaries from contamination and is in compliance with the plants operating discharge permit
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate these by correcting the eliminating the root causes and/or reducing wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials
- Complete and assure clear communication of HSE metrics and reports
- Support functional safety plans and lead designated safety committees
- Ensure knowledge of regulatory standards and that all process changes comply with JM and HSE standards
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in environmental, health, and safety in a manufacturing setting
- Water permit management experience
- Hazardous waste management experience
- Significant knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.) and the ability to work with respective outside agencies
- Strong leadership, organizational and training skills
- Ability to work well with upper-level management and with production workforce
- Solid analytical ability to determine and develop solutions to moderately complex problems
- Ability to direct personnel, coordinate contractors and manage projects/processes within regulatory standards
- Manages a staff of 1 hourly employee, sets direction and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring, and terminating.
- Minimal travel required (0 - 10 days per year)
- Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Apply for this position