Controls Service Engineer
The main responsibilities of the Controls Service Engineer will be to maintain and update PC and PLC software as needed. You will be asked to work along side with multiple departments to get these tasks done.
- PLC software experience across multiple control system platforms using primarily structured text preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent with automated machinery PLC programming experience preferred
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD preferred, willing to learn required
- Basic knowledge of electrical design and documentation required
- Basic knowledge of electrical and safety standards required
- Experience with Visual Studio >NET Language – C# or VB.NET, preferred
- Develops PLC and HMI applications per equipment functional requirements.
- Work independently, as well as with others to design and implement custom software
- Provide timely technical responses, concepts, and solutions to Sales
- Ensure specifications are clear and achievable at the start of a project and that they are recognized during the performance of the project
- Take ownership of technical aspects of projects
- Modifies and maintains PLC and HMI applications written by others.
- Supports development and improvement of new and existing equipment products.
- Works closely with senior team members and product managers.
- Understands electrical power, control schematic, and field installation drawings.
- Relies on and creates work instructions and guidelines to perform job functions.
- Supports equipment commissioning and assists with troubleshooting field issues, sometimes at a customer site.
- Assists with the creation and teaching of training materials.
- Assists with the preparation of technical documentation deliverables.
- Develops knowledge, becoming a subject matter expert (SME) within the engineering department with respect to design fundamentals, product, and systems.
- May be assigned small projects to complete individua