Engineering Tool Technician
Job Title: Engineering Tool Technician
We are seeking a skilled Engineering Tool Technician with expertise in composites, autoclave assembly, tool creation, and manufacturing experience to join our dynamic team. As an Engineering Tool Technician, you will play a critical role in supporting our engineering and manufacturing processes by maintaining, assembling, and creating various tools used in the production of composite materials. Your attention to detail, technical proficiency, and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams will be essential for success in this position.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of composite materials, such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other reinforced polymers, to support the production process.
- Assist in the preparation and fabrication of composite parts, including layup, curing, and post-processing.
- Set up and operate autoclave equipment for curing composite materials.
- Monitor and maintain autoclave parameters to ensure proper curing conditions are achieved.
- Construct and assemble various tools required for the manufacturing and assembly of composite components.
- Interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions to develop precise tooling solutions.
- Utilize manual and CNC machining techniques to fabricate tooling components as needed.
- Collaborate with engineers and production personnel to provide technical support and resolve tooling-related issues.
- Perform routine maintenance, repair, and calibration of tools to ensure their optimal performance and longevity.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and contribute to the implementation of lean manufacturing principles.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of tooling inventory, repairs, modifications, and usage.
- Generate reports on tooling status, maintenance activities, and improvements for management review.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical certification or associate degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Proven experience in working with composites and manufacturing processes within an engineering or production environment.
- Proficiency in autoclave assembly, operation, and monitoring techniques.
- Strong knowledge of tool creation, including manual and CNC machining.
- Familiarity with interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and technical documents.
- Proficient in using hand and power tools commonly used in tool assembly and maintenance.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety protocols and quality standards.