- Must have experience working for a government contractor/ working with a government contracting firm.
- Fully Remote position
- Must live or be in Eastern Time Zone
- Have invoicing experience
The accounts payable and receivable clerk is responsible for checking figures and creating spreadsheets. Be sure to include these responsibilities in your accounts payable and receivable job description:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling, preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges, and refunds, and preparing and mailing invoices.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments and adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable and Receivable Qualifications and Skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in mathematics