Data Engineering Manager (Remote)
Salary: $140,000 - 155,000/year
The Data Engineering Manager, reporting to the Data Solutions Architect, expand and lead our data engineering team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, technical expertise in data engineering, and excellent communication skills. The Data Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of our data engineering architecture, data pipelines, and data platforms, and must have experience in managing data engineering teams and working with the latest cloud based and Informatica SaaS technologies. He/she will have a passion for data with a keen interest to not only understand the technical components, but also understand the business context and impact of technical solutions that are provided.
The candidate can prioritize competing requirements, strategize development, guide in developing scalable solutions, and leverage AI for development.
- Lead and manage the internal Data Engineering Team, including hiring, training, coaching/mentoring, and performance management.
- Develop resource plans to determine the right mix of internal and external resources; engage and manage 3rd party consultants/contractors as needed.
- Develop and maintain the data engineering architecture and design to support the company's business objectives and strategy.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and data platforms using cloud-based technologies such as Informatica Data Management Cloud and Azure Data Factory ensuring data quality and reliability.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and businesses including product management, data science, and analytics teams, to deliver data solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain standards, policies, and procedures for data engineering best practices.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data engineering processes and procedures.
- Implement and manage best SDLC practices including agile CI/CD, automation.
- Manage budgets, timelines, and resources for data engineering projects.
- Clearly understand priority under pressure, strategize, guide, and develop scalable solutions.
- Have knowledge to leveraging AI for development, using machine learning and other AI technologies to improve data quality, automate processes, and enhance the data engineering pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in data engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership role managing teams that have spanned across multiple international Time zones.
- Strong technical skills in data engineering, including experience with data architecture, data pipelines, data platforms, and data integration tools, with a focus on cloud-based technologies such as Informatica Cloud, Azure Data Factory with a Strong mindset on Building the softwares as Scalable micro services or micro components.
- Experience with Informatica SaaS and other relevant cloud-based technologies such as Snowflake, Databricks, and Apache Kafka
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in managing large data sets and engineering teams. Should be a master in delegating, guiding, and completing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly understand priority under pressure, strategize, guide, and develop scalable solutions.
- Experience leveraging AI for development, using machine learning and other AI technologies to improve data quality, automate processes, and enhance the data engineering pipeline.
- Ability to work under pressure and navigate multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus. (Eg: Devops, Jira or GitHub)
Apply for this position