Battery Project Engineer (Sparks, MD)
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Project Engineer. This posotion is a direct hire role with a starting salary of $100K-$145K. This postion is also fully on-site in Sparks, MD
Position: Project Engineer
Work Authorization Status: US Citizen
Requirements: Experience with materials compatibility, packaging, tooling design, welding, process engineering, testing, and data analysis.
We are looking for an accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organization skills
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with materials compatibility, packaging, tooling design, welding, process engineering, testing, and data analysis.
- Working experience with Li metal anode, graphite anode, silicon anode, solid-state electrolyte, advanced Li-Ion cathode chemistry, and primary chemistries (CFx, MnO2).