Accounting and Audit Manager
- Hybrid 2-3 days remote
- Gaithersburg, MD
- $150,000 - 200,000
- CPA Required
Day to Day:
- Client engagements from start to finish: Develop or review and approve the audit strategy based on an understanding of the client’s business and industry and an assessment of risk. Approve the time budget and staff assignments. Prepare the client engagement letter and fee estimates. Review and finalize the audit report and other deliverables. Prepare client billings.
- Fieldwork: Monitor fieldwork status. Serve as a role model, review work promptly, and resolve issues as they arise. Keep the Engagement Leader informed of status and issues. Negotiate required modifications to the audit plan or timing.
- Client Coordination: Develop strong client relationships. Maintain contact throughout the year. Communicate relevant industry developments and identify major transactions impacting audit strategy or tax planning. Effectively communicate with the client to obtain the necessary information to complete the engagement.
- Staff Development: Plan staffing on engagements to enhance learning and development. Provide on-the-job training and feedback. Serve as a role model and career coach for staff.
- Technical and Administrative: Manage multiple ongoing engagements to ensure work is completed timely and in accordance with all technical, industry, and firm standards.
- Business Development: Identify opportunities to develop new businesses and build relationships. Leverage Accuity’s strengths to improve the Firm’s visibility in serving business needs. Participate in the new business proposal process.
You’re a great fit if you have the following:
- At least 5 years of progressive audit experience in a public accounting environment
- 10 years f public accounting experience
- Strong technical skills sufficient to perform work in accordance with GAAP and GAAS
- The ability to identify and resolve complex accounting issues
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills
- Experience using computer accounting and auditing software programs, as well as Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet applications
Apply for this position