Environmental Health and Safety Manager
We are looking for responsible individuals who will lead a culture of safety and sustainability that complies with local, state and federal guidelines, while providing efficient and effective facilities supervision and execution.
Salary: $80,000 - 90,000/year
Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and aware of any emerging changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Liaison to local, state and federal agencies in accordance with safety and environmental protocol
- Maintains OSHA recordable incidents and other records.
- Conduct training and presentations for safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor employee compliance to policies, training schedules, and laws by managing safety program data base and auditing operational practices.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to Client causes and handle worker's compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Maintain, train and improvement of a Safety data management program
- Organization of regularly occurring risk-based safety audits.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with safety and environmental requirements, particularly those related to illness, sanitation, hazardous materials, code requirements, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Manage the maintenance of manuals, safety documents, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and policies.
- Serve as coordinator of Emergency Action Plan and emergency responses including risk assessments, SOPs, maps, signage, evacuation plans, sheltering, lock downs, harsh weather events, workplace violence, terrorism, natural hazards, property conservation, etc.
- Ensures health and safety awareness for employees and visitors, and compliance to OSHA and state regulations and policies.
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance contractors and building custodial functions.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to monitors grounds, interior spaces, furnishings, fixtures and non-production equipment for normal maintenance, repair, replacement, and energy efficiency.
- Evaluates bids, materials, punch lists, warranties, change order costs and additional time requests from vendors and/or contractors with a critical eye to ensure quality and the project comes in on time and within budget.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four year bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, BBP, and AED (preferred)
- Well-versed in facilities management best practices
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- 7+ years' experience in Safety or relevant position
- Basic understanding of warehouse HVAC control systems
- Proficient in Window/Office