Events Coordinator (Partially Remote)
This position allows for 1-2 days per week remote / work from home
Salary: $60,000 - 70,000/year
Specific responsibilities and performance expectations include:
- Administer and manage on-line event registration to unit requests. Responsible to maintain a consistent & cohesive process. Collaborate with support departments namely fiscal, communications and data on future developments and/or software-program elements. In addition, manage day-to-day maintenance to include page design, verifying approval processes, maintain upkeep and correspondence with select requestors &/or administrators.
- Work independently and autonomously or as part of larger team when necessary to coordinate event requirements: including site requirements, food and beverage, equipment, technical requirements, lodging, transportation, security, parking, set-up/floor plan, VIP/guest services, decorations, entertainment, ancillary programs, speakers, risk assessment and management, and other support crew and event-related costs.
- Provide content for invitations, programs, scripts, briefings, online registration, biographical information, calendars, letters, and oversee invitation mailings, eblasts and RSVPs.
- Manage and maintain event information and maintenance in client/donor database
- Represent the Foundation and the department in a positive manner internally, to the university, and to the community.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Manage and maintain current department resources which include UHF event calendar and department calendar, UHF training folder, venue and vendor information and event forms.
- When necessary, provide advanced administration and office support, which includes screening and handling telephone and electronic communications, greeting and directing visitors, making travel arrangements, maintaining files, fiscal tasks, keeping a running inventory of department supplies, and attend to administrative and managerial issues and inquiries as they arise.
- Keep abreast of and practice general business and office procedures and policies.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Serve as liaison to internal and external service providers.
- Work collaboratively and in constant partnership with UHF units to support fundraising, outreach, and engagement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in event or administrative support capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and remain flexible through ever-changing circumstances while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills, oral/written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a large, complex, and dynamic organization, balancing competing priorities with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build consensus and cohesion.
- Proven teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with leadership, faculty, staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices, and ability to compose clear and concise internal and external correspondence. Proficient in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of Advance or similar CRM desired; familiarity with online financial management applications and InDesign a plus.
- Flexible and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and prioritize to effectively meet event timeliness to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment and demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Ability to be service oriented to ensure all customers (internal and external) have their needs met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
- This position at times requires extensive evening and weekend work.
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- A strong sense of professional ethics, and commitment to the core values of trust, teamwork and excellence, accountability, and service
Apply for this position