This position is looking for someone who is a US citizen and is able to work fully onsite in Charleroi, PA. This is a 6-month contract to hire position that is looking to pay $18-$30/hr. This position requires at least 3 years of experience in an Electronics Technician role and may require the candidate to obtain a DoD clearance.
Essential duties include:
- Uses troubleshooting and repair skills to keep instrumentation in working order. Installs and configures electronic, electro-mechanical and instrumentation equipment.
- Circuit card and higher order assembly automated and manual test
- May assist and train mechanical technicians in testing components and repairing electrical problems.
- Researches equipment and component needs and maintains electronic parts inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance on instrumentation and maintains preventative maintenance records.
- Follows operating instructions for guidance in troubleshooting, maintenance, and performing general repairs.
- Provides technical support in the form of operator training on electronic equipment.
- Performs emergent repairs on electronics and instrumentation at field locations.
- Works directly with vendors and other internal departments to advance business objectives and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates degree in EET or related
- Two-to-five-year minimum experience in an Electronics Technician role or related position.
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess qualifications in: IPC J-STD-001 Class 3, IPC-7711, IPC-7721
- Able to work a set and consistent schedule.
- Possesses and maintains a good attendance record and able to work overtime when required (nights and weekends).
- Strong organizational tendencies and practices.
- Knowledge of basic PC/Windows OS required, Linux experience a plus.
- Understands basic Electronic theory including digital circuits/logic, amplifiers, transistor theory, etc