Accountant - Construction
Salary: $70,000 - 90,000/year
The Accountant is responsible for the accounting operations of the company. Senior Accountant duties include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly closing journal entries
- Review and analysis for project profitability
- Support effective accounting for intercompany invoicing and consolidation
- Support weekly payroll processing
- Identify efficiencies and develop process improvements
- Support strong system of internal control
- Prepare financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, for construction projects and the overall company.
- Assist in preparing and filing tax returns and maintaining tax records for construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial analysis, and budget management.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential to ensure accurate financial records and compliance.
- Effective communication skills are necessary for working with project teams, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Proficiency in modern software platforms including Excel and other Microsoft platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address financial issues and discrepancies.
- Collaboration with project managers, engineers, and other construction professionals is common, so being a team player is important.
Apply for this position