Construction Manager (telecommunications)
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Construction Manager who has experince in the telecommunications field. This position is supporting a Manufacturing Client in that area. This is a direct hire role. Starting salary is $55k-65k. Our client is looking to hire ASAP!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning and Coordination: Collaborate with project stakeholders, including clients, engineers, and subcontractors, to develop project plans, schedules, and budgets. Coordinate and manage the execution of construction activities.
- Site Assessments and Surveys: Conduct site surveys to assess the feasibility of telecom infrastructure installations. Evaluate site conditions, access requirements, and potential challenges. Identify and address any obstacles that may affect the construction process.
- Resource Management: Allocate and manage resources, including labor, equipment, and materials, to ensure efficient and timely project execution. Coordinate with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to ensure availability of necessary resources.
- Construction Supervision: Oversee field construction activities, including site preparation, tower installation, cable laying, equipment installation, and integration. Ensure compliance with project specifications, design standards, and safety protocols.
- Quality Assurance and Control: Implement quality control measures to ensure construction activities meet established standards and specifications. Conduct inspections, review workmanship, and address any deficiencies or non-compliance. Ensure adherence to safety regulations and protocols.
- Progress Monitoring and Reporting: Track and monitor project progress, milestones, and deliverables. Generate regular progress reports and communicate updates to stakeholders. Identify and address any deviations or issues that may impact project timelines.
- Change Management: Manage changes in project scope, schedule, or specifications. Evaluate change requests, assess their impact on project deliverables, and make recommendations for approval or implementation. Ensure proper documentation and communication of changes.
- Stakeholder Communication: Maintain regular communication with project stakeholders, including clients, subcontractors, and internal teams. Provide updates on project status, address concerns, and manage expectations. Foster strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess project risks and develop strategies to mitigate them. Proactively identify potential issues or challenges that may impact project timelines or budget. Implement risk mitigation measures to minimize project disruptions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction management in the telecommunications industry, with a focus on fiber optic networks.
- Knowledge of telecom project management methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with OSP (Outside Plant) Engineering and Construction.
- Experience with Cat6 cabling installation in MDU buildings.
- Experience with fiber splicing and fiber optic network installation.
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel as required.