The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for effective installation, troubleshooting, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual will assist project teams to improve current infrastructure while participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
This individual will assist in processing IT service requests when needed. This includes, but is not limited to desktop, laptop, mobile devices, network, and systems support.
This individual will needs working knowledge of both Windows and Linux servers
- Operate within a Cloud services infrastructure (AWS).
- Build, troubleshoot, and reimage 100+ Windows laptops
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Provide support for remote access users across the U.S.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with management, vendors and external parties, and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications, and removals.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as within team environments.
- Must be willing to occasionally work outside of business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) in support of maintenance and participate in projects.
Education: Associate (2-year) degree preferred, but not required.
Desired Certifications: Any of the following - VMware, ITIL, A+. Security+, Network+, Server+, CCNA, MTA