Support the Information Systems Division (ISD) within the USDA National Agricultural Library develops and maintains web applications to provide public access to agricultural research information and digital resources.
• Works collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems
• Helps automate and streamline our operations and processes
• Builds and maintains tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
• Troubleshoots and resolves issues in our dev, test and production environments
• Monitoring of the NAL Systems including Ag Data Commons
• Write code and developer scripts as directed by the senior system support person
• Install, configure, setup monitoring of NAL systems
• Implement the configuration plan developed by the Senior System support person
• Assist in setting up redundancy for servers, databases, and other NAL systems as directed
• Perform ticket-based tasks as assigned
Technical Skills Required
• Experience with Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
• Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL administrations (NoSQL/MongoDB experience is a plus)
• Experience with systems and IT operations including data management and cybersecurity.
• Ability to use open source technologies, cloud services and tools
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools.
• A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
• Experience with LDAP/Active Directory integration.
At least 2 years of system support experience
Experience with Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL administrations (NoSQL/MongoDB experience is a plus)
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science