Junior Financial Analyst
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Salary Range: $40K - $45K
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as accounting, cost control, budgeting. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Knowledge of personal computer and associated application software. Strong Excel skills required. Ability to prioritize workload and adjust to multiple priorities. Up to three (3) years of budgeting and/or forecasting experience needed.
Under the direction of the Finance Director or his/her designee within the Financial Planning & Analysis department, is responsible for performing assignments requiring knowledge of company cost control techniques and an understanding of engineering, manufacturing and other related operations within the company.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and analyze all factors which could adversely affect the financial position of assigned programs and present results in an organized form with sufficient detail to facilitate review by supervision.
- With guidance of more senior level finance staff, assist in the preparation of financial analyses of assigned programs covering sales and profit projections, cash flow inputs, contractual coverage, and developing base elements for overheads and manpower requirements. Evaluate and assess trends in order to predict future performance.
- Prepare internal and external reports for programs of limited scope and complexity. Assist senior analysts in the accumulation and analysis of data required for programs of broarder scope and complexity.
- Assist in the establishment of project task structure, baseline budgets, and quarterly EACs for assigned programs. Monitor program cost, perform analyses, and prepare reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Maintain comprehensive position of contractual coverage from initial award through subsequent modifications.
- Assist in the development of department budgets, overhead rates, and forward pricing rates, as required. Monitor department costs and investigate variances that deviate from plan.
- Ensure costs are allocated to proper project tasks and accounts on a continuous basis in accordance with established procedures. Prepare reports that compare budgets with actual expenses.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis in support of monthly close, division and corporate reviews, including the Annual Profit Pan, Strategic Plan, and Quarterly Forecast Updates.
- Support Sarbanes - Oxley testing and perform special financial analysis as required.