Animation Engineer/ Mechanical Designer
1) Seeking an experienced 3D Animator to generate and edit 3D production assembly instructions. Candidate will work closely with other animators, engineers, trainers, and project managers to develop visual manufacturing assembly work instructions using SolidWorks, SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author, and 3ds Max. Work must comply with standards.
2) Secondarily, generate and develop 3D solid models and 2D detailed & assembly drawings of mechanical and electromechanical parts and assemblies to support design engineering and manufacturing engineering.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and revising 3D visual production assembly instructions
- Capable of storyboarding visuals from an existing written work instruction and/or video reference
- Animation Bug troubleshooting
- Create and develop 3D solidmodels and 2D detailed & assembly drawings of mechanical and electromechanical parts and assemblies for new and existing products from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images using SolidWorks
- Create, process, and/ or check Engineering Change Notices prepared by others for accuracy of detail and check for fit, form, and function, utilizing engineering principles and CAD software, design methods, and manufacturing processes
- 3D design work and ability to execute moderately complex design projects
- Collaborate with engineers, trainers, and quality personnel
- All other duties as assigned.
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in engineering, manufacturing, or a technical field
- with product development technologies
- A portfolio demonstrating competency in content creation in 3D animation
- Must be proficient in 3ds Max modeling, texturing, and animation (lighting, cameras, and rendering are less important)
- Experience with SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author (formally Right Hemisphere) is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma methodology is a plus
SOFTWARE SKILLS (in order of importance/frequency of use)
- SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author (formally Right Hemisphere)
- 3ds Max 2012 or newer
- Adobe Photoshop / Photoshop
- AGILE PLM System