Position Description: Software Developer - Java
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Software Developer Job Description:
Performs system software development tasks and activities to include:
- Develops Java software programs for complex military systems.
- Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Supports software integration activities.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Software Developer Required Tasks:
- Develops custom Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
- Experience with Java Object Oriented programming, Java Swing, Linux, Git, Eclipse
Highly Desirable Skills for Software Developer:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
- Experience with JavaFX
Additional Requirements for Software Developer:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin."