Performs assembly operations of printed circuit boards as directed by their department supervisor. Works from Engineering documentation and instructions. Manual and machine potting of PC boards and power supplies using epoxy compounds.
1. Reports to designated work area prior to the start of shift. Organizes work load and prepares for the start of the shift.
2. Reviews process documentation for any special requirements.
3. Assembles material to process documentation.
4. Assembles material to IPC-610 Workmanship criteria:
- Installs components per Engineering documentation.
- May perform masking of locations which are not populated or require protection.
- Perform component forming using identified equipment.
- May perform electro/mechanical assembly as required.
5. Interfaces with Quality department to resolve Quality concerns.
6. Monitors and documents the consistency of the potting substance to ensure ideal viscosity, coverage, and curing times.
7. Interfaces with production manager to resolve issues.
8. Ensures that work area is kept clean and that safety rules are followed.
9. Participates in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
Must have a High School Education or equivalent.