The Buyer role with this organization participates in all functions related to contract manufacturing procurement and planning beginning with analysis of requirements, soliciting and evaluating proposals, sourcing and qualifying suppliers, negotiating pricing, managing scheduling, tracking contract Bills of Materials (BOM) to purchase orders, purchase order maintenance and close-out in Oracle ERP system, vendor relationships (domestic and international), and management of returns, rework, and warranties.
Bill of Material: A routine BOM may contain raw material, machined, stamped, formed parts, wiring harnesses, electronic circuit cards, mechanical, and optical assemblies, and other complex components in compliance with drawings and/or specifications and COTS items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- · Analyze and understand requirements for complex electro-mechanical and Electro-Optics sub –assemblies.
- · Develop competitive sources of supply based on vendors’ qualifications and ability to perform to specific contract requirements and maintain on-time delivery in accordance with best practices, ISO standards, company policies and procedures.
- · Negotiate prices, delivery schedules, terms and conditions and ensure compliance with all contract provisions and risks including financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas.
- · Develop and maintain robust, ethical supplier relationships to ensure qualified vendors comply with procurement standards, schedules and other requirements. Resolve procurement issues, including supplier progress and/ or problems.
- · Participate in supplier quality surveys and supplier performance rating reporting.
- · Recommend pricing using cost analysis and best price analysis.
- · Maintain purchase orders in Oracle ERP system: set-up, account allocation, delivery schedule, tracking receipts and returns, tracking to contract BOM, purchase order maintenance and close-out.
- · Communicate with management, accounting, warehouse and manufacturing operations functions within the organization to ensure procurement and planning requirements are met in a timely fashion according to the master schedule.
- · Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets) on a weekly and monthly basis based on actual usage and master schedule.
- · Participate in continual process improvement focusing on supply chain. Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for procurement and planning processes and systems.
- · Be knowledgeable of and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and export/import regulations.
- · Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand, define, and communicate issues in a clear and concise manner to management, vendors and customers.
- May be required to support other activities to whatever extent their skills and knowledge may allow.
- This position is subject to change at the discretion of management and additional duties may be applied.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
Education and/or Experience
- Four year degree
- Minimum 7-10 years in Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- CPIM or CPM a plus
- FARS and DFARS a plus
- Oracle ERP or equivalent a must
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications software & databases.
- Defense industry experience is a plus.
- Internal Auditor Certification a plus.
Basic Employment Requirements
Regularly shows up to work on time according to the established schedule.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications software & databases.
Ability to analyze problems and apply knowledge of supply chain management best practices.
Ability to work with others as part of a team assisting in the resolution of supplier performance, product and quality issues.
Requires above average written and verbal communication skills and inter-personal skills with an ability to understand define and communicate issues in a clear and concise manner.
Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing).
Must be focused and have high attention to detail.
Must be authorized to work in the US and be eligible to obtain a passport.
Must pass Security background screening process.
Work Environment/Corporate Culture
Work is conducted in an office environment in a production facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
9/80 Work schedule or as assigned by Director of Material.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, GTL, 401K, Holidays, Vacation, paid time off to eligible employees.