Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with extensive DOD experience with a strong understanding of Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to oversee and support a newly created division.
Description: Develops technical software design specifications from operational requirements for U.S. Army GPS navigation systems that rely upon Selected Availability Anti-Spoofing Modules. Effort entails developing analyses and providing oversight in implementing modifications to improve resiliency, software assurance, effectiveness, and reliability of fielded GPS systems. Specifications will focus on developing Resiliency and Software Assurance Modifications (RSAM) to existing proprietary software baselines. Reviews, analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations as to the adequacy of proposed solutions to meet specifications. Directs the design and development process for embedded software and system development platform software. Recommends changes to the development and testing environments that may improve resiliency and assurance. Reviews designs, test criteria and procedures that may involve many layers of interactions and communications with a focus on validating resiliency. Determines feasibility of proposed solutions to meet specified cost, schedule and performance targets and makes recommendations to the Program Manager. Manages comprehensive proof tests, collects and analyzes test results, and writes technical reports on how well the end product(s) meets the original specification(s). Supervises the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Specification Change Notices (SCN) in support of RSAM module development and implementation. Supervises and directs a team software engineers supporting the software development process.
o Active SECRET Security Clearance (clearable up to a top secret)
o Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a technical field
o 15+ years of experience in managing software design and development for DOD applications. Experience with GPS systems preferred.
o 10+ years of supervisory experience overseeing software engineers
o 5+ years of experience in the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to software development
o Skilled in analyzing complex systems
o Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology platforms
• Experience in cybersecurity
• Experience with Selective Availability/Anti-Spoofing technologies
• Experience in ECP/SCN processes and procedures
• Experience supporting the Army’s Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Program Management Office (PMO) and/or the Resiliency and Software Assurance Modifications (RSAM) PMO
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary open based on experience
• Our client offers a competitive benefit package consisting of full Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Flexible spending and 401k.
• You will be eligible for 10 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation and 1 week of sick