Information System Security Engineer – Manassas, VA (qty1)
Candidate should possess excellent customer service skills; be able to interact well with government and contracting staff; and be able to work independently on tasks.
The contractor shall:
• Serve as the Information Assurance representative and primary authority for system and network security compliance, participating in all system architecture planning and networking implementation.
• Provide compliance with IT system security best practices as well as all applicable U.S. Government, Department of Justice, and FBI Security Division requirements.
• Provide operational and miscellaneous reports based on assigned tasks as specified by the government task lead.
• Act in the capacity of Information System Security Officer if necessary.
• Design the security layout or architecture determining which security tolls are required and existing tool functionality.
• Possess Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or be able to acquire certification within six (6) months after entry on duty.
(U//FOUO) Minimum/General Experience: Must have a minimum of eight (8) years of combined System Network Engineering, Information Assurance and Information Technology Security experience.
(U//FOUO) Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree associated to Information Technology or equivalent in professional experience. Bachelor’s equivalency would include eight (8) years of combined experience as listed above. A bachelor’s degree associated to Information Technology and four (4) years experience would be a minimum.
(U//FOUO) Travel Requirement: The Contractors shall be available for travel Sunday through Saturday, EST, including Federal holidays to locations within the United States. Travel to remote locations reimbursed in accordance to Federal Travel Regulations.
Top Secret Clearance required