Position Title: Senior Project Engineer
Employment Type: Full time (minimum 40 hours/week at Headquarters in Baltimore)
Position Summary: Oversee engineering projects focused on instrument co-development. Develop technical specifications, budget, and timelines and manage product and functional requirements. Experience directing cross-functional teams responsible for all areas of engineering: strategic planning, design and development, reliability testing and validation. Determine and manage project master plan by identifying project phases and elements. Prepare engineering cost estimates with collaboration of Finance Department and R&D personnel. Prepare preliminary and design drawings using AutoCAD. Ensure engineering aspect of project is completed according to the milestones established. Participate in team and leadership management meetings. Manage the work through third party vendors and collaborators for development and design through manufacturing. Create and organize complete bill of material for purchasing department. Must be an effective leader for cross-functional teams, and must have a positive, can-do attitude. Must enjoy working in a fast-growing, fast-paced diagnostic company, and be able to manage third party vendors, firms and consultants.
- Accountable for product/functional requirements of new instruments for development
- Creates product designs using 3D modeling
- Manages all aspects of manufacturing
- Evaluates and monitors production processes and product quality as well as warehousing
- Effectively and continuously improves communication
- Has a 'can do' attitude and supports the needs of the company
- Identifies and utilizes various change management strategies to overcome organizational roadblocks and achieve desired change levels
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, chemistry or similar discipline, or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Modeling software.
- Strong written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- 3D modeling/design expertise required
- (3-5) years of applied professional experience leading teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.