• Analyze and develop telecommunications networks that support a wide range of traffic including voice, data, video and/or wireless to ensure that the networks are properly installed, configured and maintained.
• Research new and emerging technologies and make recommendations/justifications for insertion of those technologies into the current framework.
• Install and configure desktop operating systems.
• Design and implement updates to the network topology and overall structure
• Manage systems in a VMware environment to include installation, backup and restoration of the systems
• Facilitate the integration of authentication with third party applications to include socializing the authentication requirements with vendors of new systems to be integrated.
• Perform basic network troubleshooting
Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to implement and troubleshoot the following technologies on a Cisco ASA appliance, Inter-VLAN firewalls, border firewalls, Site to Site VPNs, Cisco AnyConnect clients, clientless SSL VPNs, RSA, Routed and Transparent modes, HA Configurations, Multicast Routing
• Ability to implement and troubleshoot other technologies including IDS/IPS, SourceFire, Cisco Context Directory Agent, PKI, 802.1x, MACSec, IPSEC, WSA, Dual-Stack IPV4/IPV6 implementations
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages: Perl, Python, shell scripting, etc.
Network Engineer (FTE)
May 16, 2016 2
• Detailed understanding of the OSI model and IP/TCP with emphasis on computer architecture and networking protocols
• Ability to troubleshoot networking issues using WireShark or other packet capture technologies
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office to include Word mail merge with Excel, Using Excel macros, System diagramming in Visio and Process flow charts in Visio
• Generally knowledgeable in the area of Active Directory and Routing/Switching; having the ability to perform administrative tasks under the direction of an expert
• Ability to articulate deeply technical concepts to recipients of a wide range of technical competency
• Ability to create and update As-Built documents and troubleshooting guides
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to set goals and work independently
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to interact well with government and contracting staff
• Strong oral and written communication and documentation skills
• Must clearly communicate technical issues and resolutions to the team, customer and management
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Proficient in the English Language
Education and work experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Current certifications as a CCNP or CCIE with a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience
• Expereince with AirMagnet Enterprise, ForeScout, CounterAct, FortiGate, RouterOS, Suite-B implementation, RTP/RTSP or VOIP Optimization
• Experience with BYOD environment implementation, enterprise management of non-Cisco firewalls