· Analyze drawings and other documentation to prepare estimates and proposals
· Obtain and evaluate material, equipment and vendor quotes
· Coordinate with subcontractors and engineers to discuss project scopes and consolidate necessary data for assembling both Bid/Build and Design/Build bids
· Prepare and distribute proposals for project procurement
· Prepare value engineering and voluntary alternate opportunities and pricing
· Communicate effectively with subcontractors, coworkers, and clients to adjust and change estimates as necessary throughout the duration of projects
· Efficiently solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Develop and maintain cost databases
· Attend pre bid meetings to identify specific details pertaining to site access, working times, phasing and any other special requirements
· Estimators must have commensurate experience in the field.
· Proficient with use of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Estimators shall possess a degree in a Construction related profession from an accredited four-year college or university and/or sufficient experience in the field.
· Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
· Experience with Public and Private sector of commercial and large residential projects.
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications. Benefit package includes medical, 401(k) with Matching Plan, paid holidays and vacation.
Advancement available to designers and engineers commensurate with abilities, efficiency, and effectiveness. Interpersonal skills important.