Great Client in the Baltimore area looking for a Java Developer.
Oversee and manage the internal collaboration tools as the Collaboration Service Owner ensuring that they are properly maintained, supported and documented
- Provide user support, education and daily maintenance for the collaboration tools
- Provide user support for technical documentation
- Partner with project managers, web developers and institute staff to understand their needs and successfully provide collaboration tools which meet those needs
- Provide technical leadership and advice for the integration of collaboration tools
- Evaluate and recommend tools and extensions to improve our environment
- Develop collaboration technology roadmaps
- Deliver comprehensive statistics, monitoring and reporting on collaboration services
- Design and implement workflows
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in Technical communication, Master's Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to help foster a team environment across the organization
- Experience in topic-based structured technical documentation
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of wiki solutions, forums and varied tools, e.g. those enabling information sharing within teams and collaborations
- Knowledge and experience working with collaboration-type tools (e.g. Confluence, Vanilla Forums, ELGG and Wordpress) a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with content management systems (e.g. Jahia and Zope) a plus
- Proactive, excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Effective time management skills, which include the ability to schedule and meet deadlines, anticipate dependencies, communicate issues and escalate issues when appropriate
- Ability to work under tight schedules while providing accurate deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management skills desired
- Maintains a patient demeanor and conducts a high-level of professionalism in all situations.