To perform the coordination, negotiation and management of moderately complex proposals and contracts under minimal supervision. Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government and commercial contracting methods, including policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide appropriate leadership and support during proposal, fact-find, negotiation, and day to day contracting activities. The individual is expected to independently demonstrate leadership in contracting strategy and methods, and be proficient in research and presentation skills. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the US Government and Commercial Acquisition and Procurement environment, the Company Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR and other government regulations.
• Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
• Research and make recommendations on proposal and contract language. Ensure that all necessary functions review recommendations and terms, with minimal direction and guidance needed from the Contracts Manager.
• Lead contract negotiations and collaborate with customers in definitizing contracts under general guidance from the Contracts Manager.
• Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
• Under the supervision of a Contract Manager analyze and prepare various agreements encountered in the business, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), Teaming Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement, Strategic Alliances, and others as the opportunity presents.
• Lead or support fact-finding and other audit activities.
• Participate in final stages of assigned contract by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
• Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assist in data collection for monthly/quarterly reporting to Management.
• Act as primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as Proprietary Information Agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts Manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Bachelor 's degree (Business Administration or related field) additional experience considered in lieu of degree;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Security clearance is preferred but not required. Must be able to obtain a secret clearance