A consultant / project manager is the primary point of contact for our clients with respect to their projects. Additionally, project managers serve as the interface between our clients and our in-house design team to ensure accurate information is communicated and all work is completed on time, on budget, and consistently meets standards of quality.
Our Chicago, IL office is currently seeking qualified candidates for an opening as an intermediate-level consultant and project manager with primary expertise in audiovisual systems and related infrastructure planning and design.
The following describes the responsibilities of this position:
· Needs assessment and technical planning for AV and communications infrastructure in new campus/building construction and renovation projects
· Coordination of project AV and communications infrastructure requirements with other low voltage systems and infrastructure, including IT, telecommunications, data networking, security, and smart building controls
· Oversight and coordination of AV and communications infrastructure construction and systems implementation
· Management of project objectives, deliverables, schedules, billing and financial performance, and all project-related communications
· Technical oversight and quality assurance of project designs and deliverables Candidates for this position should possess the following experience and qualifications:
· Minimum 5 years professional experience
· Relevant four year technical degree (e.g. BSEE), or higher
· Infocomm, Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification desirable
· Primary level project management experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong understanding of commercial/institutional AV technology applications and operations, including audio systems, video display technology, audio/video teleconferencing, digital signage, AV signal management and integrated control Basic familiarity with commercial/institutional building design and construction, including understanding of typical building systems (i.e. HVAC, electrical, lighting, building controls, security, etc.)
· Basic technical understanding of related communications technologies (i.e. IT, data networking, telecommunications, communications cabling, etc.)