Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinates the loading and dispatching routes for all drivers for the highly automated facility that operates 24/7.
• Provides assistance, guidance and supervision for daily projects and tasks.
• Ensures all drivers are carefully loading and unloading material properly while wearing appropriate PPE. Takes corrective action, as needed.
• Performs routine inspection of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety. Takes corrective action, as needed.
• Interprets procedures and policies to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes.
• Conducts Driver Performance Evaluations.
• Continuously seeks new methods, including technologies and automation efforts to improve the department’s performance and efficiency.
• Works closely and maintains effective communication with Corporate Logistics and Procurement to maintain orderly and efficient flow of quality raw materials, supplies and aspects of production and operations.
• Assists the HR department to maintain DOT compliance records and training for all drivers.
• Works closely and maintains effective communication with HR department to work effectively with all payroll, staffing and all other personnel needs.
• Works closely with our client employees to ensure safe and reliable operations in the raw materials receiving yard.
• Drives flatbeds and tanker semi-tractors in a safe and legal manner, as needed.
• Operates a forklift as required.
• Ability to work varying schedules, including nights and weekends in support of 24/7 operations.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Directly supervises a team of approximately 10 drivers at the highly automated facility that conducts a 24/7 operation.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training drivers, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ability to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Related management experience preferred.
• Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• The employee may occasionally be required to apply load securement devices and tarping on flatbed trailers, involving lifting above the head and applying force to a wench.
• While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To be successful in this role an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
• Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.