Connectivity Solutions Team (CST) is a Network Service and Internet Service Provider as well as an Internetwork Exchange point. CST is looking for a bright and experienced (at least 5 years) network engineer that can assist in hardware and software related solutions in our implemented datacenters, assist in network design and related hardware as well as assist in day to day operational roles for both internal and external clients.
MPLS ‘Provider side’ experience is a must.
This is a salaried position with 40 hours per week with nights and weekend availability needed per issue or project. A strong work ethic is required. This candidate will report to Fulton, MD office as home base. Travel between Baltimore and/or Washington DC is required on a project or issue basis.
1. Hardware Related Design and Implementation of a Cisco internetwork. Control multiple converged networks in several different sites.
2. Monitor and Troubleshoot the client/provider based network infrastructure. Candidate must handle telco circuits, networking hardware, and mission critical servers.
3. Act as a liaison between firm and providers in the event of trouble.
4. Perform network configuration changes, test, and turn up of new client circuits as directed.
5. Acts as primary call taker to troubleshoot Windows PCs and the ability to install and support various Windows servers (W2K8, W2K12)
6. Assist with creation of and support of VMWare implementations. Rudimentary set up with EXXI and Windows serve.
7. Assist in creation and maintenance of an onsite storage network.
8. Works within specifications provided to meet assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during operations within authority level granted by team lead.
10. Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
11. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
12. Works overtime as required.
13. Will be expected to carry or lift computer gear of various sizes and weights.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong Cisco knowledge in routing, switching and facets of security. Needs full breadth of knowledge since our network is Cisco driven.
2. Conceptual and hands-on knowledge of MPLS (from the provider standpoint) is required.
3. Knowledge of the OSI Network Model and familiar with the use of networking hardware.
4. Windows and Linux based network operations systems and related including but not limited to DHCP, DNS and network monitoring
5. ASA security appliance experience
6. MS Office Suite
7. Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills needed.
8. Needs a valid driver's licenses and their own transportation, as travels among XXX sites are required on a periodic basis.
9. While working in a team environment, have ability to work with limited supervision.
10. Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
11. Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions) during business hours.
12. Good time management skills.
13. Must pass criminal and drug background screening.
14. Must be able to lift and place equipment.
Training and Experience:
1. Five years of experience in computer networking
2. High School Diploma or graduation from certified technical school.
3. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related is desired
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.