POSITION/TITLE: Network Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems and Networking
REPORTS TO: President
Connectivity Solutions Team of the XXXXX is a Network Service and Internet Service Provider as well as an Internetwork Exchange point. CST is looking for a bright and experienced network engineer that can assist in hardware and software related solutions in our implemented datacenters, assist in network design and related hardware as well as assist in day to day operational roles for both internal and external clients.
1. Hardware Related Design and Implementation of a Cisco internetwork. Control multiple converged networks in several different sites.
2. Monitor and Troubleshoot the client/provider based network infrastructure. Candidate must handle telco circuits, networking hardware, and mission critical servers.
3. Act as a liaison between XXX and providers in the event of trouble.
4. Perform network configuration changes, test and turn up of new client circuits as directed
5. Acts as primary call taker to troubleshoot Windows PCs and the ability to install and support various Windows servers (W2K8, W2K12)
6. Assist with creation of and support of VMWare implementations
7. Is expected to work a daytime shift, on-site, covering the hours between 8:30am to 6:30pm ET. Flexibility may be possible with class schedule.
8. Works within specifications provided to meet assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner
9. Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during operations within authority level granted by team lead
10. Sits for extended periods of time
11. Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned
13. Works overtime as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong Cisco knowledge in routing, switching and facets of security.
2. Conceptual and hands-on knowledge of MPLS from a provider.
3. Knowledge of the OSI Network Model and familiar with the use of networking hardware.
4. Windows and Linux based network operations systems and related including but not limited to DHCP, DNS and network monitoring
5. MS Office Suite
6. Strong interpersonal skills needed.
7. Needs a valid driver’s licenses and their own transportation as travels among XXX sites are required on a periodic basis.
8. While working in a team environment, have ability to work with limited supervision.
9. Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
10. Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions) during business hours.
11. Good time management skills.
12. Must pass criminal background screening.
13. Must meet physical requirements and pass substance abuse screening as may be required.
Training and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or graduation from certified technical school.
2. At least two years computer-handling experience
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.