Assurance Senior Associate - Government Practice
Come be a part of endless possibilities for growth and professional expertise! Committed to the development of our future leaders...and that’s you!
We have a great opportunity for an Assurance Senior within our Tyson’s Corner Government Contracting Practice. Has the necessary tools to take public accounting to the next level. Our firm offers a unique culture with a family type atmosphere. We are looking for forward thinking, driven, enthusiastic individuals looking to take the next step in their career. We commit to team building and knowledge sharing, empowering our employees with the tools and resources to think differently and become the best people in our profession. Whether we're auditing a construction company's financial statement or reviewing internal control documentation for a government contractor, we bring to the table a wealth of talent and expertise. You will be given opportunities to grow and as a member of our firm, your success is our success.
The Assurance Senior works directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and is the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing workpapers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues. Your focus will initially be on the following 3 areas:
1. Audit and Accounting
2. Task and Engagement Management
3. Personal and Professional Development
Assurance Seniors review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Assurance Senior effectively analyzes client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue. They accept responsibility when reviewing Associate level staff work, and they utilize practical and technical skills along with firm resources to coach them and complete tasks assigned.
· Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit highly preferred
· Minimum 2 - 3 years audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena or at a government contractor
· Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
· Knowledge of FAR and CAS
· Experience with DCAA audits
· Experience with Deltek GCS Premier
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
· Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
· Strong research skills
· Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware experience a plus
· Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Benefits & Perks:
Helping our people maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life while opening new avenues for growth and career development, is fundamental to our culture. That’s why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to make work life more satisfying, keep them healthy, and address their personal needs. Our benefits package includes robust and highly competitive health and welfare programs in addition to very generous Paid Time Off programs.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.