Assurance Senior Associate
Come be a part of endless possibilities for growth and professional expertise!
Committed to the development of our future leaders… and that’s you! We have a great opportunity for an Assurance Senior within our Tyson’s Corner Assurance Practice. This person will have an opportunity to work with the national Technology & Life Sciences practice, the regional Renewable Energy and the Manufacturing & Distribution practice providing services for our middle market and entrepreneurial client base.
Has the necessary tools to take public accounting to the next level. Our firm offers a unique culture with a family type atmosphere. We are looking for forward thinking, driven, enthusiastic individuals looking to take the next step in their career. We commit to team building and knowledge sharing, empowering our employees with the tools and resources to think differently and become the best people in our profession. Whether we're auditing a commercial company's financial statement or reviewing internal control documentation for a technology client, we bring to the table a wealth of talent and expertise. You will be given opportunities to grow and as a member of our firm, your success is our success.
The Assurance Senior works directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. We help our Assurance Senior Associates grow and develop their career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and is the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing workpapers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues. Your focus will initially be on the following 3 areas:
· Audit and Accounting
· Task and Engagement Management
· Personal and Professional Development
Assurance Seniors review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Assurance Senior effectively analyzes client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue. Specific duties include:
· Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures.
· Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers
· Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
· Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
· Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
· Developing a professional relationship with the client and serve as the primary point-of-contact.
· Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
· Minimum 3 years audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena and at least 1 year as an audit senior
· Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
· Knowledge of FAR and CAS
· Industry knowledge in technology, life sciences, service, government contracting or renewable energy is a plus
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
· Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
· Strong research skills
· Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware experience a plus
· Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Benefits & Perks
Helping our people maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life while opening new avenues for growth and career development, is fundamental to our culture. That’s why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to make work life more satisfying, keep them healthy, and address their personal needs. Our benefits package includes robust and highly competitive health and welfare programs in addition to very generous Paid Time Off programs.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.