+5 years’ experience of Design and Construction Management, followings are job requirements:
- Provide design services on small “in house” projects that may be given to our in-house staff to construct or one of the IDIQ construction contractors. For example we have an entrance where we are installing a secure vestibule, someone needs to look at relamping the area and providing new power. Either write out a clear buildable scope of work or actually prepare sketches or drawings via CADD, and prepare a detailed cost estimate for electrical portion of the construction work.
- Provide technical advance to our O&M staff for problems they encounter. Help them decide do we replace or repair and if replace what do we upgrade too.
- Provide electrical review of designs completed by other A/E design firms.
- Responsibilities include complete cradle to grave project management responsibility. Meet with customer, define project scope, develop conceptual project cost estimates, write A/E SOW, estimate A/E fee, negotiate A/E fee, manage A/E consultant, review A/E work, award construction contract and manage construction project through acceptance, commissioning and move in.
- Help manage a “Program” like emergency generator evaluation, repair or replacement.
Candidates with previous Public Work experience or Project management experience in the Federal or Local Government, from the owner’s side shall be preferred.