AWS Cloud Admnistrator (Mostly Remote)
College Park, MD
This position is remote / work from home, but candidates must be able to go on site to College Park, MD, 1 time per month.
Salary: $120,000 - 150,000/year
The primary responsibilities include developing and maintaining the AWS Cloud infrastructure, and ensuring seamless integration of compute and storage assets within the project's VPCs. Implement robust security measures and continuous monitoring through tools like CloudWatch, Auto Scaling, GuardDuty, etc., to maintain system health. The Cloud Administrator will enable the development team to test and deploy new code and features safely and reliably, fostering an environment of innovation. Communication and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for change requests, and active planning and monitoring of cost management to optimize resources, are also vital roles.
In addition to these operational duties, the Cloud Administrator will be closely involved in our efforts to regularly review, evaluate, and enhance our Cloud delivery framework, implementing best practices and refining reference architectures. This role requires both independent and collaborative work, with a strong focus on daily operational support across multiple AWS cloud environments.
- Assess Existing Architecture: Review and analyze existing Cloud deployments to identify opportunities for improvements and optimization, ensuring alignment with best practices.
- Manage AWS Infrastructure: Demonstrate reliability in managing and supporting AWS infrastructure, with in-depth knowledge of foundational AWS services such as VPC, EC2, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation, API Gateway, CloudWatch, etc.
- Collaborate with Agile Teams: Integrate seamlessly with an Agile team of developers and data scientists, actively participating in the deployment and testing of code across multiple pre-production and production environments.
- Communicate AWS Service Benefits: Summarize and articulate the purpose and value of new AWS services, translating technical details into tangible benefits for the project, and ensuring alignment with stakeholders' needs.
- Diagnose and Resolve Infrastructure Issues: Utilize diagnostic skills to quickly identify and resolve issues that may arise in the infrastructure, maintaining system integrity and performance.
- Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate required.
- Education: BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Cloud Services: Minimum of 4-6 years of experience working with cloud services, including at least 2 years specifically managing AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Demonstrated experience using technologies like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, and or SAM.
Apply for this position