Growing government contractor looking to bring on a Drupal Developer. Some telecommute options. Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Provide Drupal development, programming, and configuration on custom application build and support engagements.
- Keep informed on Drupal development best practices and coding standards.
- Provide timely feedback to Project Managers, Drupal Architects, and customers on the status of assigned tasks.
- Unit test assigned features to ensure proper functionality, both backend and frontend, prior to committing to the development branch pull request.
- Analyze written specifications and configure Drupal features that function within the specified scope.
- Offer technical solutions to customers and Lead Drupal Architect when unforeseen challenges occur during development sprints.
- Attend weekly status meetings to dialogue with project stakeholders about the status of assigned deliverables.
- Awareness and understanding of project budget and timelines in deliverables. Ensuring to communicate estimates and changes in scope/estimation.
- US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline and a minimum of 8-10 years of Drupal development experience.
- Must see the "big picture" of a Drupal project and have a well-rounded web skillset.
- Proven real world Drupal 8/9 experience.
- Must be eager and passionate about Drupal community involvement and open source. (must be able to provide drupal.org id)
- Experience with Drupal backend development, particularly module development, content and data migration, and configuration management.
- Expertise with HTML5, object-oriented PHP programming, MySQL and other SQL-based databases.
- Expertise with Unix/Linux.
- Familiarity with Git and Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Configuration Management, Views, etc.
- A team player but can work independently as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and take on additional parallel assignments.
Required Technology Experience:
- Acquia certified Drupal developer or backend specialist.
- Basic understanding of Decoupled Drupal architectures.
- Experience contributing to and maintaining open-source projects.
- Understanding of efficient deployment workflows.
- Experience working in a professional services business.
- Knowledge of SOLR or another document-based search engine.
- Master’s degree in technical discipline.
- Writing and editorial experience.
Preferred Tool Experience:
- Experience with Acquia hosting, BLT (build and deployment tools) and Acquia Cloud Site Factory
- Experience with Agile and Jira.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and Continuous Integration.