Electrical Distribution Engineer III
Position Overview: This is the third level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems and provide leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems
- effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities
- thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches
- continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills, and performance
- effective oral and written communication skills
- accurate records and files
Qualifications - External
- 8 to 10 years’ experience as a practicing engineer or state registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.