We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and committed individual to join our team as a Personnel Security Specialist/Adjudicator to support a Federal Government client. The specialist must have experience supporting Federal Government personnel security operations and have performed suitability support services and first level adjudicative recommendations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform suitability prescreening to include reviewing case files and developing a suitability/fitness recommendation based 5 CFR 731.
- Review National Security, Suitability or Fitness Determinations and provide adjudicative recommendations to a government adjudicator.
- Perform preliminary adjudicative reviews of National Security, Fitness, or Suitability cases to present to the government for final adjudicative decision. Although the level of these case type varies, each contractor must complete at least 3-5 cases per day.
- Record all adjudicative activities within the DHS system of record; Integrated Security Management System (ISMS).
- Follow DCMS-342 standard operating processes and use applicable SECCEN guides.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned to support the adjudicative function.
- Review completed background investigations and analyze investigation reports to identify issues requiring resolution
- Maintain personnel security records, verify data, and perform security checks utilizing specified government systems, and Electronic Questionnaires of Investigations Processing.
- Prepare written analysis and propose recommendations to resolve complex issues; identify high priority cases/issues for review as required.
Desired Qualifications and Certifications:
- Three (3) years of experience making national security, suitability or fitness determinations or providing adjudicative recommendations to a Government adjudicator.
- Adjudicator Professional Certification (APC) is recommended
- Active Security Clearance